I have worked primarily as a blogger reviewing comic books and writing about the handmade book community. I also frequently cover events, conduct interviews, produce informal training materials, and edit content. Currently I am working in the healthcare field and writing institution-specific features for the University of Minnesota Medical School.
I also have grant writing experience and was co-contributor to a successful Minnesota state arts grant for the Twin Cities Zinefest. As an event promoter and organizer, I have written many press releases. I have some experience as an amateur stand-up comedian, value humor, and love to write comedy features whenever I get the chance.
From 2007-2011 I served as Mini-Comics Editor for The Daily Cross Hatch, an independent comics website. I then wrote a column on comic books called Mini Fete for the independent media website IndieReader.com. I currently serve as the communications manager for the University of Minnesota Medical School and write much of their internal and institution-specific communications.
Clips by category:
- Missed You at the Zombie Pub Crawl for MPLS.TV
- You’re On My Crush List for MPLS.TV
- Elderly Welcome Here for Win Cities
- Stencil Duplicating for Make Better Books podcast
- Tricks and Swag: A MicroCon Round-Up for The Daily Cross Hatch
- Match Day 2013 for Health Talk
- Fallcon 2010: Walkabout and Round Up for The Daily Cross Hatch
- Comicopolis and Minneapolis for The Daily Cross Hatch
- That Special Something for The Daily Cross Hatch
- Mark Siegel Promotes Comics in Minneapolis for The Daily Cross Hatch